Cat Addiction

Stories about my cats, friends' cats, other people's cats, stray cats, anything about cats!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Many new additions to the family

My love for pets started with cats. At one point I had all 3 lovely feline girls. Two years ago one of them passed on to a better world, leaving me with the 2 girls and we definitely miss the other one dearly.

But life moves on for us. We have since added several members to the family. Once we had a dog named Pretty. She's a cocker spaniel and a lovely girl. But due to family commitment with a newborn baby, we couldn't cope taking care of her so we had to let her move to a better family who can take better care of her.

We've visited her frequently and we are happy that she's very well cared for. She's now grown up to be quite large and fluffy. I'm glad that she has other canine friends to keep her occupied too. I hear from the her new family that she sometimes even shares dog beds with her friends there too!

Now at home we've got several fishes in an aquarium, a tortoise (we had two but one got out, escaped and never came back) and our newest addition to the family just a couple of weeks ago is a beagle named Snoopy.

Snoopy is adorable, but is kinda naughty. She bites anything in sight! I spoke too soon when I commented after just 2 days she was with us that he's a good dog, who doesn't bark loudly nor chew up stuff.

Now we have no choice but to leash her up so that she doesn't destroy more things in our garden. I'm also looking for suitable large dog beds for him. At least to make him a little more comfortable than sleeping on the cold floor in the nights.

I think it's also more cooling in the day for him to rest in such dog beds for large dogs as the cement flooring can get easily heated from the glare of the sun.

If possible, it would be nice to give him a dog house filled with toys he can chew on. I'm just hoping that giving him all that will help to curb his boredness when we're not around so that he won't go chew on our things!

Anyway, it seems like we have grown into quite a pet family for now. I would like to maintain this family size for now. No more pets to add on as they are all quite a handful. Well, happy handful, that is :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Arethusa said...

Hi Eternity!

I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! I know that our blogs are in no way interrelated (well, sometimes I ramble on about my cats) but I LOVE cats! I absolutely ADORE them.

Best,
Young Equestrian

Fri Jan 21, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Takie said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Dog Fence | Pet Solutions

Tue Jan 31, 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful update. We love reading about the additions to the family. Sounds like everyone is doing so well. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals

Sat Dec 28, 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home